The world’s first dedicated equity crowd-funding platform for high potential companies in field of robotics and associated technologies has been launched by Britbots.
Called Britbots CROWD, the platform goes live today.
Over the coming weeks, a selection of companies will open for investment on the platform, including:
- ZOA ROBOTICS: a company that has developed of a low-cost robotics platform, allowing for the transportation of materials around uneven environments, using four-legged robots.
- BOTSKILL: a business enables brands to take their first steps in using “bots” (computer programmes which mimic human conversation using artificial intelligence) to handle routine customer enquiries.
- TETHERED DRONE TECHNOLOGIES: a provider of autonomous tethered drone systems, flying near-continuously for use in semi-permanent surveillance and communications scenarios.
- REDBEARD: a software company that makes it easy to design and build user interface apps for smartphones to remotely control robots and other systems at distance.
- FUTURE TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES – an organisation which provides tools and inspiration to help teachers teach computer programming in a practical and fun way, preparing students for a working-world where automation & robotics is widespread.
Many of the companies listed will have already been backed by the British Robotics Seed Fund which raised in excess of £500,000 in its first fund, and will announce the opening of its second fund later this autumn.
Each of the companies listed on the platform will accept a minimum investment amount of £200. This, says Britbots, puts their shares well within the reach of mainstream investors. What’s more, most of the companies offer investors attractive tax incentives under SEIS, or EIS. They also receive active mentoring and business development support from Britbots.
Founder of Britbots Dominic Keen said: “Whilst talking to investors about the British Robotics Seed Fund we realised that there was a broad appetite amongst investors to include some high-potential robotics businesses in their portfolio on a discretionary basis without necessarily going down the fund route.
“Hence we are delighted to have launched Britbots CROWD, the world’s only dedicated equity crowd-funding platform for robotics companies, giving investors direct access to this exciting class of investments for the first time.”
CEO of ZOA Robotics Thiago Azevedo said, “I’m pleased to be working with Britbots CROWD to source new investors for our current funding round. It can be difficult to identify investors who are specifically interested in robotics companies when using other equity crowdfunding platforms and so I’m confident that Britbots CROWD will do a good job in filling this niche.”